Kids' Gift Guide: The Perfect Presents for Picky Kids
The Perfect Presents For Picky KidsBuying gifts for kids isn’t as simple as picking out a popular toy and delivering it to your favorite little one. Not if you want to give a great gift, anyway And that’s where we come in. We took the guesswork out of getting the perfect gift for an adorable toddler, cute kid or busy teen. Based on his or her play preferences, you can find the ideal present for any occasion with our kids’ gift-buying guide.
Gifts For The Littlest Ones
About these tiny tots:
They may not be applying for four-year colleges just yet, but that doesn’t mean they don’t know exactly what they want. They’re climbers, cuddlers and go-getters, and they’re built to keep you on your toes.
3 gifts little ones love:
- Jump Zone 88 in My First Trampoline with Tent Top Combo to burn off pre-nap energy and build motor skills and coordination.
- Little Tikes Cozy Coupe
- BCG Girls’ No-Show Fashion Socks (6-Pack) or BCG Boys’ Days of the Week No-Show Socks to keep tiny toes cool and dry, even on the busiest days.
Growing girls will also love snuggling up in the comfortable adidas Girls’ Tricot Jacket Set, the super-cool Nike Girls’ Tricot Track Suit, or the Under Armour Girls’ Teamster Track Suit to help keep her safe from the elements so she can always go, go, go. Today's toddler boys will stay cool and comfy in the Under Armour Boys’ Match Play Polo Shirt in all his favorite colors, plus a pair of adidas Kids’ Baseline K Casual Shoes. And all the little movers and shakers out there are ready to get around on a Radio Flyer Deluxe Big Flyer Performance Tricycle.
Gifts For The DancerAbout your favorite dancer
Tiny dancers always have a rhythm in their heads, and they're not shy about it. Maybe you’ll see him tapping his toes to the beat of his favorite songs, or you’ll see her making up dance routines with her besties. Little dance fanatics always incorporate music and movement into their daily activities – even their chores!3 gifts tiny dancers love
- BCG Girls’ Born to Dance Training T-Shirt to show off her passion for dance anywhere she goes.
- BCG Boys’ Lifestyle Jogger Pants to practice his moves whenever the mood strikes him.
Ballerinas-in-training always need new Dance Class® Girls’ Ballet Shoes featuring leather uppers, sock linings, and hand-stitched suede outsoles. Give her maximum range of motion with a Capezio Girls’ Future Star 3/4 Sleeve Leotard in pink or black, and make sure she can warm up right with a BCG Girls’ Dolman Hoodie. Even better, grab her a BCG Girls’ French Terry Full Zip Jacket with matching BCG Girls’ French Terry Jogger Capri Pants that she can wear in or out of the studio.
Dance Class Girls' Tap Shoes will have little hoofers doing all the ball-changes and barrel rolls they can handle. Hip-hoppers, freestylers and break-dancers can check their moves in the hottest athleisure looks for kids paired with a pair of cool boys’ sneakers or fresh girls' kicks – just add a boombox and they'll be ready for their next dance battle.
Gifts for the Team Sports EnthusiastAbout your athlete-in-the-making
This kid knows the rules to every sport, and for the most part, tries to stick to them. Team sports enthusiasts are always ready to get in the game, whether it’s in the cul-de-sac or on the field.
- BCG Girls’ Turbo Moisture-Wicking Training T-Shirt to stay cool and comfortable at practice or at play.
- Nike Men’s Elite 1.5 Graphic Crew Basketball Socks featuring Nike™ Dry fabric and extra cushioning at the forefoot and heel to absorb impact.
- The North Face Boys’ Glacier Track Jacket or Magellan Outdoors Girls’ 2-Piece Systems Ski Jacket for lightweight versatility and perfect temperature regulation.
Nike Girls’ Tempo Shorts and either the BCG Boys’ Compression Shorts or BCG Boys’ Athletic 3/4 Length Compression Tights are great gifts for kids who are always on the go. Older players working on strength and muscle control love the SKLZ Recoil 360° All-Position Resistance Trainer to get an edge over the competition from the comfort of their own bedrooms.
Young backs, all-stars and ballers will always be fans of Wilson Junior Size NCAA Footballs with Tee,adidas MLS Top Glide Soccer Balls and Nike KD Playground Basketballs. If they’re itching for more practice, a SKLZ Pro Mini XL Indoor Basketball Hoop or a Rawlings Adults’ Pitchback Deluxe Ball Return is the way to go.
Gifts for the Future TechieAbout your favorite tech kid
This kid knows the rules to every sport, and for the most part, tries to stick to them. Team sports enthusiasts are always ready to get in the game, whether it’s in the cul-de-sac or on the field.3 gifts budding Techies love
- Sky Viper v2900 Streaming Video Drone with GPS that lets your favorite tech junkie livestream and video capture skyway adventures.
- Skyrocket Toys RECOIL Multiplayer Starter Set for rallying the neighborhood troops and playing a live-action, first-person shooter game.
- SmarTrike 3-in-1 Magic Trike
Your favorite tech-savvy kid needs to keep in touch with friends up to 32 miles away with Midland X-Talker T65VP3 2-Way Radios (2-Pack) so they can plan the next adventures they’ll capture on an ACTIVEON CX GCB10W Action Camcorder.
A World Tech Toys Marvel Captain America 2.4 GHz 4.5 Channel Super Drone lets them show off their stunts while they listen to their favorite tunes on an iHome Color-Changing Speaker with Speakerphone or through 808 Audio Performer BT Wireless and Wired Over-the-Ear Headphones.
Gifts for the creative kidsAbout your little out-of-the-box thinker
You can almost see the wheels turning in this child’s head, and he or she is always ready to tackle whatever comes next. This little one loves unique gifts and appreciates the fact that you didn’t pick a one-size-fits-all present.4 gifts creative kids love
- BCG Girls’ True Bright Tie-Dye No-Show Socks (6-Pack) for comfort while she plays, but maybe more so for their funky look.
- BCG Boys’ Camo No-Show Socks to keep his feet cool when he’s on the move – but again, style’s a big factor.
- Wipeout™ Kids’ Dry-Erase Protective Pad Set to combine style and safety.
- Wipeout Kids’ Dry Erase Helmet for self-styled artistic expression with a dash of “don’t crack your head.”UI
Gifts for the Kid Who Never Wants to Come InsideAbout your favorite adventurer
Always running off to spend time with friends or fly solo on an expedition, the kid who never wants to come inside is all about making the most of each day. This little guy or gal finds adventure in even the most mundane activities.3 gifts independent kids love
- Magna Girls’ 20-inch Topaz Bicycle orMagna Boys’ 20-inch Throttle Bike to make faraway adventures more feasible – and to get them home faster when it’s time for dinner.
- Razor Kids’ Power Core E100 Electric Scooter orRazor Kids’ T-Kick Scooter for shredding through the neighborhood. Ditto on bringing them home faster!
- Wilson Youth A450 Jose Altuve 10.75-inch Baseball Glove or Louisville Slugger Youth Diva 10.5-inch Fast-Pitch Softball Glove for games that are too much fun to end by keeping score.
Keep her warm and comfortable when the sun starts to go down with a Nike Girls’ Therma GFX Pullover Hoodie or a Columbia Sportswear Girls’ Brookview Softshell Jacket. He’ll love looking cool but staying toasty in a Columbia Sportswear Boys’ Ascender Softshell Jacket or an Under Armour Boys’ UA Storm Sweater Fleece 1/4Zip Pullover. Layer it over a Magellan Outdoors Boys’ Laguna Madre Short Sleeve Top in his favorite shade.
A ZURU X-Shot Bubble Balls 2-Pack or a Zebco 404 5-foot-6-inch Freshwater Rod and Reel Combo can turn an ordinary day into an extraordinary one for kids of all ages and their friends and families.
Last-Minute Gift Ideas for Kids
If you’re in a rush to find the perfect gift (or you’re not sure what to get), these are all great last-minute gift ideas that lots of kids would love to have:
- Under Armour Girls’ Teamster Track Suit made of moisture-wicking fabric and with a full-zip long sleeve design.
- Daisy® Red Ryder Air Rifle, the iconic lightweight BB gun for kids.
- RollPlay Toddler Boys’ Camo Mini Quad 6V Ride-On for super-fun adventures anywhere.
- adidas Boys’ Iconic Tricot Event Jacket that’s great for warm-ups and cool-downs.
- adidas Girls’ Tricot Event Athletic Jacket designed for a comfortable fit and maximum airflow.
- Under Armour Toddler Girls’ Range Camo Set with a trendy interior print for an extra style boost.
- Nike Boys’ Dry Training Hoodie made with Dri-FIT material that wicks away moisture.
- Under Armour Girls’ Novelty Big Logo Fleece Hoodie featuring water-resistant Armour® Fleece.
- Columbia Sportswear Boys’ PFG Terminal Tackle Long Sleeve T-Shirt with Omni-Shade™ fabric that blocks UVA and UVB rays.
- We Are Texas Girls’ University of Texas Crumpette V-Neck T-Shirt that lets her show off her pride for UT.
- We Are Texas Boys’ University of Texas Arch T-Shirt so he can proudly show off his Hook ‘em Horns.
Little Gifts with Big Meaning
Sometimes it's the little gifts that mean the most. From stocking stuffers to just because gifts, these are presents that are perfect for any occasion small in size, but big in sentiment.
Looking for More Ideas?
Proud of What You Found?
Let people see what a good gift-giver you are! Share photos and videos of the big reveal with the hashtag