WHAT DO I NEED FOR HOSTING CRAWFISH BOILS?
Use our handy crawfish checklist to make sure you have all the supplies you need for killer crawfish boils.
These quick-check lists help you ensure that you have the right food, service essentials, and entertainment to make your warm weather entertaining cool and collected.
SHOPPING LIST FOR COOKING CRAWFISH
- 3 to 5 pounds of crawfish per person, for an average eater
- Large ice chest with drain for crawfish storage
- Ice packs or loose ice in bags
- Large crawfish boil pot with strainer
- Crawfish cooker
- Propane for crawfish table
- Crawfish or crab boil seasoning
- Crawfish accessories – stirring paddles and heat-resistant gloves are a must!
- Any other fruit, meat or veggies you want to add, including these classics:
- Red or baby potatoes
- Corn on the cob, cut (frozen or raw)
- Other suggested Louisiana or Lowcountry boil ingredients:
- Bay leaves
- Hot sauce, peppers or cayenne pepper
- Blue crabs, shrimp, oysters, clams
- Andouille or spicy sausage
- Lemons or oranges
WHAT YOU NEED TO SERVE AND EAT CRAWFISH
- Large folding tables (with or without benches)
- Enough folding chairs for everyone
- Newspaper, butcher paper or plastic tablecloths for easy cleanup
- Small buckets or trash bins for shells
- Bibs, wet wipes, and paper towels – it's about to get messy!
- Crawfish bread – any flaky, crusty, crunchy bread served in thick slices
Bowls for dipping sauces, including:
- Melted butter
- Cocktail sauce
- Hot sauce
Academy has a large selection of outdoor living folding tables and chairs, patio furniture, canopies, accessories and more.