From time to time, Academy Sports + Outdoors runs sweepstakes in connection with its Ratings and Reviews. Certain of the reviews posted above on this page may have entitled the author to a sweepstakes entry.
To fit this Shock Doctor Kids' Gel Max Convertible Mouth Guard you will need:
> Gel Max or Gel Max > Lip Guard Mouthguard > Saucepan > Boiling water > Slotted spoon > Cold tap water > Mirror > A clock or watch with second hand
1. Fill saucepan with 3 to 4 inches of water. Bring water to a boil.
2. Remove water from heat source. Let water stand for 30 seconds, then place mouthguard in water for 75 seconds. Do not exceed 90 seconds.For strapped mouthguards, attach tether before placing in water.
3. Carefully remove mouthguard from hot water with a slotted spoon.
4. Cool mouthguard under tap water for 1-2 seconds only to bring surface temperature to a comfortable level.
5. Lick your lips before placing mouthguard in your mouth.
6. Watching in mirror, line up mouthguard carefully with the centerline of upper teeth. Fit mouthguard onto and around upper teeth and press firmly into molars first then front teeth.
7. Bring lower jaw forward and up into base of mouthguard with teeth in alignment with lower channel. Bite down hard on mouthguard, suck in strongly, and use fingers to press edges of mouthguard into teeth and gum line through lips and cheeks for 20 seconds.
8. Remove mouthguard and cool under tap water for 30 seconds. Replace into mouth and test for a good, firm fit.
9. Repeat steps 1 through 8 if fit is not accurate.
Features and Benefits. Multilayer construction with an internal
shock-absorbing frame offers protection and fit. Shock-absorbing jaw pads create a breathing channel. Shock-absorbing bumper helps deflect impact away from front teeth. Works with braces. Latex free. Helmet tether provides a quick ...
Features and Benefits. Low-profile design fits on the
lower teeth for unrestricted breathing and more natural speaking while providing lateral jaw stability and impact protection. Strapless design. Designed specifically for sports requiring a helmet with a face mask. Gel-Fit liner ...
Features and Benefits. Monocoque shock frame features vertical
wall extensions to shield teeth and protect the jaw from injury caused by side impacts. Mandibular Orthopedic Repositioning Appliance (MORA) helps position the lower jaw down and forward and the tongue up ...