Stay safe on your next kayaking trip with the Mustang Survival Adults' Elite™ Inflatable Kayak PFD, which features Hydrostatic Inflator Technology (HIT) to automatically inflate the PFD when immersed in as little as 4" of water. The aerodynamic 3-D chassis offers reduced drag speed and a slim profile, and a wicking mesh liner and a mesh back vent enhance breathability. A wide shoulder system and a shaped design ensure comfort. Fluorescent inflation cell.
Features and Benefits
Helps keep you safe while kayaking
Intuitive dual side adjusters for a personalized fit
Fabric shell provides a lightweight design
Wicking mesh liner and a mesh back vent enhance breathability
Aerodynamic 3-D chassis offers reduced drag speed and a slim profile that allows easy mobility, a secure fit and minimal neck fatigue
Provides 26 lb. (115 N) of buoyancy when inflated
Wide shoulder system and a shaped design offer lasting comfort
Sleek inflation handle guards against snags
HIT automatically inflates when immersed in 4" of water or more
bvseo-msg: The resource to the URL or file is currently unavailable.;
How does the vest repack once it has inflated?
Asked by: Judy B
Hello Judy B,
Per Mustang Survival Adults' Elite™ Inflatable Kayak PFD manual the owner should follow the instructions provided below to repack the inflatable vest.
• Completely deflate the Inflatable Vest with LIFTTM.
• Remove the optional harness (MA1900), if equipped.
NOTE: Before following the repacking sequence, be sure to
properly re-arm your Inflatable Vest with LIFTTM.
2) Ensure the oral-inflation dust cap is fitted in the stowed position
3) Open both front panel covers. Adjust the waist belt and chest belt
buckles to their full lengths so that the Inflatable Vest with LIFTTM is
laid out flat.
Lay out flat the right lobe (as it is worn). Shift the left lobe (as it is
worn) on the waist belt to fully extend the right lobe for folding.
NOTE: The numbered fold lines, on the diagram, are provided
to assist with packing. Make each fold towards yourself.
5) Fold the right lobe (as it is worn) over on the Fold #1 dashed line.
Note that the right lobe has the inflator with cylinder.
6) Continuing with the right lobe, fold it over on the Fold #2 dashed
line. Ensure that the bladder is tucked under the inflator to
prevent it from blocking the indicator window.
7) Fold the bottom portion of the lobe over.
a. Position the lobe so it does not cover the inflator.
b. Put the inflator pull-tab through the opening in the cover.
c. Position the chest buckle under the cover.
8) Fold the lobe over on the Fold #3 dashed line.
a. Position the folded lobe so it does not cover the inflator.
9) Fold the cover panel down so that it covers the lobe.
10) Mustang Survival uses advanced 2-step zippers - SecureZIPTM. Find the
left zipper tail and ZIP 1 - Reset the 2-step zipper by pulling the
slider to the Velcro™ tab. ZIP 2 - Close by pulling slider in
the opposite direction to the end the zipper. Ensure that the
Inflatable cell does not get caught by the zipper when closing.
12) The right lobe should now be fastened closed and the inflator should
be visible through the clear window. The inflator pull-tab should be
located just outside the opening in the cover.
NOTE: Ensure the chest buckle does not extend outside of the
lobe, it should sit under the cover.
13) Repeat steps 3-12 for the left lobe (as it is worn). Note that the left
lobe does not have an inflator or indicator window.
14) Turn over the Inflatable Vest with LIFTTM and fold the back flap up
and fasten the three (3) VelcroTM tabs
15) Use the adjustable waist belt to size to fit. When complete, the
garment should appear as shown and be secure for use or