Venture into unexplored realms with the Magellan Outdoors Kings Peak 2 Person Backpacking Tent. After discovering your destination, this 2-person tent allows easy, secure setup, courtesy of a 2-pole design with guylines and tighteners. Should inclement weather threaten the trip, water-resistant walls, water-repellent floors and a fully seamed rainfly provide an impeccable safeguard from the elements.
Features and Benefits
Sleeps up to 2 people and features a 41-inch peak height
2-pole design is easily set up and secured with guylines and tighteners
2 full mesh doors
Water-resistant polyester walls and water-repellent flooring with raised seams fend off wet weather
Corrosion-resistant aluminum alloy poles and tent pegs allow lasting use
Fully seamed rainfly can be rolled up for visibility and breathability and quickly zipped in the event of rainy weather
Mesh side gear pockets allow easy organization
2 large, covered vestibules keep things dry
Mesh body panels and venting in the rainfly maximize breathability
Important Product and Safety Information
Proposition 65 warning for California residents: WARNING - This product contains one or more chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Floor space (sq. ft.):
Peak height (ft.):
Number of doors:
Packed size (in.):
16 x 6
Product weight (lb.):
Number of seasons:
Product width (ft.):
Product length (ft.):
What's in the Box
Magellan Outdoors Kings Peak 2 Person Backpacking Tent
Rated 5 out of
Almost the Perfect TenI have had 2 of these tents. They have taken me and by boys on many a nights backpacking and Boy Scout overnight campings. We have backpacked the Hoh River Trail, Philmont (2x), and in the Grand Tetons along with all of the practice hikes. Each of us get a door, a vestibule and part of the storage attic. It's easy to set-up and pack. Some condensation is the only negative, but that's not enough of a problem to count against this tent.
Date published: 2017-06-22
Rated 4 out of
Like itBare in mind that this is my first time using and buying a camping tent. I selected this one in particular because I felt it would be easy to pack up and return going by its packaging.
- I am a slim 5'8" female and there was ample space for myself and a sleeping bag
- There is only space for 2 slim persons of my height or less, otherwise it will be very uncomfortable
- The rainfly provides space to store and hide items that can be left outside of the inner tent
- The inner tent has two entries/exits
- Setup was not complicated at all
- Does a good job of keeping the bugs out
- Ample ventilation with the rainfly (although it was a windy night)
- Inner tent only requires 2 tent poles
- The inner tent doesn't provide the kind of space I want for 2 persons.
- Cannot fit an airbed of any size in there
- The inner tent by itself does not provide much privacy. Lots of mesh panels
- Rainfly and inner tent requires the use of several anchors
Date published: 2017-04-14
Rated 5 out of
Everything in one packageI looked at several backpacking tents from several different companies and I picked this one. I could have picked one that was lighter but would have spent at least double the price. I am over 6ft tall and myself and all my gear fit inside with more room. Those lighter and more expensive tents sometimes dont come with a footprint.