Keep your ride hidden in the great outdoors with the Camowraps® Realtree® ATV Kit. Designed to cover the plastic body parts of a deluxe ATV, this kit includes four 2'W x 5'L pieces (40 sq. ft.) in a Realtree® camo pattern.
Features and Benefits
Covers the plastic body parts of a deluxe ATV
Realtree® camo pattern
Includes four 2'W x 5'L pieces (40 sq. ft.)
What's in the Box
Four 2'W x 5'L pieces
Manufacturer warranty - general:
Manufacturer warranty - parts:
Rated 5 out of
Outdoorsman 48 from
Camo'd my rideUsed this kit to camo my yellow sportsman 500. Went on very well considering my first time.
From time to time, Academy Sports + Outdoors runs sweepstakes in connection with its Ratings and Reviews. Certain of the reviews posted above on this page may have entitled the author to a sweepstakes entry.
Thank you for your question. Prior to installation, you will need the following:
Mild Soap & Water Mixture, Silicone/Wax Solvent, & Alcohol - to clean the surface completely.
Lint Free Paper Towel or Cloth – to wipe & dry the surface.
Low-Tack Masking Tape – to tack in place or create a hinge.
Squeegee or Credit Card – for applying vinyl
Air Release Tool – to remove any trapped air bubbles that may form.
Hobby Knife (OFLA or XACTO knife) – for trimming away excess vinyl.
Heat Gun or Hair Dryer – for heating vinyl on complicated installations.
Next, follow these eight simple steps:
1. To apply the Camowraps® ATV Kit to the ATV, peel back the adhesive liner several inches and align Camouflage piece and tack in place using light finger pressure. If alignment is off, remove and reposition before squeegeeing.
2. Once tacked in place and the alignment is good, use the palm of your hand to push vinyl into place on all the raised areas of the ATV. After the camouflage is tacked into place, firmly squeegee the Camouflage Vinyl to the ATV working out any excess air or bubbles. If a bubble appears, simply use an air release tool to poke and release the trapped air. Make sure to come back and re-squeegee the poked hole with light to moderate pressure and re-heat if necessary.
3. It may be necessary to use 2 smaller pieces to cover some areas that are more curvy or extruded. In this case make sure to overlap the pieces at least ½” to allow for shrinking.
4. In order to conform Camouflage Vinyl around curves, bends or raised areas, use the edge of the squeegee to push the vinyl out at about 1/8 of an inch at a time using an arching motion, sort of like a windshield wiper. Once you have gone as far as you can go- you’ll begin to see “pinches” and stress in the vinyl, while keeping the graphic taught, apply some heat with a hairdryer or heat gun. Just start with a little heat. Heat causes the vinyl to soften which allows for more play and pliability. Your thumb works very well in these situations as does a sock or soft cloth over the edge of your squeegee. You do not want a hard plastic edge scratching the graphic. It can’t be stressed enough about going slow, squeegeeing in very small increments when installing dry over curves and stopping immediately and backing up if you see a problem area occurring. When applying heat make sure not to over stretch the Camouflage Vinyl as it will crack, fade, or wrinkle.
5. It may also be necessary to use a “Relief Cut”. When the Camo Vinyl bunches, tents or darts, you can slice that piece to “Relieve” the stress. Make sure when you cut the “Relief Cut” ALWAYS Overlap the cut piece at least ½” and firmly squeegee the area and apply heat if necessary.
6. Trim each piece flush to the edges of the panel, or wrap around body edges, such as the bottom of the fender wells, bottom edge of the gas tank cover and all other leading edges to keep the Camo Vinyl from lifting.
7. Continue using these techniques throughout the entire installation until the ATV is completely covered in the Camowraps® ATV Kit.
8. When application is complete, re-heat and re-squeegee all of the applied surfaces with firm pressure, paying particular attention to the edges and seams. This will ensure the Camowraps® is bonded to the ATV itself. (http://www.camowraps.com/atv-kits)